Thursday 23 January 2014

Happy (belated) 2014!

Today marks the 22nd day into the new year and it has been pretty… normal. Albeit having celebrated the last night of 2013 and welcoming the first day of 2014 with the one and only person who has made my 2013 the best it can be. My boyfriend.

He came in a form of a tall, lanky, inked 23 year old being who has slowly but surely crept up into a spot in my heart and made his nest there. (lol.) To be honest, he was never the type I'd imagined being with but his kindness, honesty, patience and loyalty has turned me into a gooey mushy marshmallow dusted with fairy dust and rainbow sprinkles; a complete dork in love. And I love who I am when I'm with him - myself. I wouldn't say it was the easiest thing to do, being in my first relationship - there was a lot of selflessness involved. Something that isn't easy for an only child. But, he made it easy to be in love with one another. It didn't matter because at the end of the day, what's important is that there is love and trust. We have both. 

So here's a recap of NYE. (waaaaay late post)


 ; made my New Year's eve morning. (laughs)

After doing some Instax film hunting in Pyramid, I was determined to make the most of the whole hype on NYE. I didn't care if I was being overly obsessed with the last day of the year because for the first time in my life, I have someone special to celebrate it with. :)

So, determined I was. Since my friends kinda bailed on our NYE outing, I decided to go ahead with Z's  and his friends. Not willing to just settle on a house party, I picked my brain for a New Years spot after researching on the Internet days before (yes, obsessed). HOORAH. i-City was just a 15-20 minute drive behind my house. PERFECT. 

I rushed home to get ready and in less than an hour, we stopped by 7-E for some chips and drinks for the road and head on to the "city" of (LED) lights. And lucky (or maybe not) for us, we managed to catch a short fireworks display from i-City en route on the highway in the car lol. The last time I was there, it hadn't been a good one because of the rain. This time was far different. We reached before the crowd came in and managed to get one of the parking outside. Parking fee was a hefty RM10. (gulps) I  was so excited, it didn't bother me at all. 



; #ootn posing with the ferris wheel as the backdrop lol. fyeaaaahh!


; candid shot during a phone call in the ferris wheel. (killin the romance….)


; best part of the night - pichaaasss! look how beautiful the lights were!  

we (well, I) wanted to see the little car thingy that goes around the park in a trail but it was RM20 per person! waa seriously con job. I'm not THAT delusional lol. so we skipped that and went for the ferris wheel which was just RM10 each. to be honest, i-City looks phenomenal…. in photos. in reality, it's just a place that looks like a fun fair with muddy ground and LED lights that photographs beautifully for Instagram haha.


my other half ; together we're even more idiotic, manic than we are individually. but when we are mellow, all we do is sleep in. ALL DAY. nothing else but the comfort of each other.


 ; the third polaroid we've taken for his wallet. (cuz he lost his wallet, twice in 2013)


headed over to one his friend's apartment somewhere on the hills of Bangsar. met some of the people there for the first time (including the host lol awks) but towards the end of the night everyone was pretty high on alcohol so totally takes away the awkwardness. wonders of the booze. played some game, then they made me stop because I had to drive. so they put me on couch duties (sleep lol) with blankets and making sure I was comfy while they were busy trying to get Z drunk off his ass in the other room.

annnnndd I, really, really wanted to see fireworks (because I haven't on NYE before) and he swore on his life that the place has the entire view of the city's skyline so we could see ALL the fireworks go off at the same time. 


true enough, WE COULD. well this was just one because my phone camera like myself, have tunnel vision lol. We could see fireworks from the KLCC, Mid Valley, somewhere near Amcorp Mall all the way  to the Curve.

the clock stroke 12, he kissed me before saying the words, "I love you." 


; got a little tipsy, but could still drive us both home. In two perfect pieces lol.


; momentos of the night. x

Hi, boo. I've probably said this already but just wanna let you know that you are a blessing in my life and to be able to spend the first NYE with you made me realised how I want us to celebrate 20, 30, 40, 50 more NYEs like this; together. Knowing that you have to put up with me a lot even with this ridiculous idea of mine to see lights haha. I also know that you ain't a kid anymore and to do this with me not just because you wanna layan me but to enjoy the night as much as I do however I wanted; made me appreciate you even more. I have also realised that you are trying your hardest to be the best boyfriend you could for me. That is all that matters, I don't need no Sabo or Swarovski to tell me that. All I need is your love and trust. Thank you and I love you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment