Friday 24 January 2014

Prep + Me time ; DIY paper pompom tutorial

felt pretty disoriented these past couple of days ; no appetite and making bad decisions that lead me to wrong turnings and driving around aimlessly. 


Mom woke me up at 6am so we could get our hair done in the morning (she just has a thing for being early for everything in life and because she needed to get to work). Well since she didn't tell me the night before I kept awake until 3am. My circadian cycle is officially messed up thanks to my nocturnal habits. Somehow, if mom and I spend TOO much time together, we'll almost always end up arguing over the little things like how she wants me to do things her way (and of course, being me ; I find it extremely difficult to give in). At times, I kinda get where she is coming from because I see myself doing the same sometimes. Happens when you care so much about a person that you want the best for them. And the best, well, meant MY WAY. That's why nowadays I try really, really hard to not be such a control freak and let things run its course. Of course, I do wanna have a say but I try to let people have their way too. Because different people do things differently.

So after I got back from the salon, I went straight for my bed and had a good one hour nap. Woke up totally ready for the world (somewhat) and washed up before crossing things off my to do list for today. Made a few calls and drove out to run some errands. And because its impossible to get a parking during lunch hour in Taipan, I drove to Paradigm for very good reasons that I can justify for each one of them. First, it's the least crowded mall (other than Empire). Second, loads of parking ; even on weekends you won't have to wait for hours. Last, the mall is quiet and air conditioned hahaha.

Decided on coffee bean because I needed a workspace and they had bigger tables that nobody bothered using. (yay!) Got myself an iced hazelnut latte (and if I may add, packs a stronger punch than Cosans I had last night lol) and sat myself beside the window.

And in 30 minutes…

VOILA!


; workspace for la pompom 


; looks real, eh? x

basically, all you need to make your own pom pom are crepe paper, floral wires and scissors! first you stack eight sheets of crepe paper and fold them like how you would to make a paper fan. then, tie them together at the centre using the wire and cut the two ends ; rounded or pointy. lastly, slowly separate them one by one from the centre. simple and effortless. 

xo, Rie.

No comments:

Post a Comment